Sunday, May 11, 2008

How Sweet It Is

Mother's Day became an official holiday in 1914. I could not end this evening without giving special thanks for all the wonderful mothers in the world. My parents are deceased but it the foundation provided by my mother that made the person that I am today. I am thankful and I am sure that she continually watches over me. My children and family made this day so special for me. My day started with my daughter making her famous pancakes under the close supervision of her brother. I marveled at the fact they are both growing up so quickly, and had actually joined forces in having a day off from any kind of arguments. We spent time together in church and later enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by my sister. After enjoying the evening, my oldest sister noticed a present which had not been opened. I opened the bag and removed a card which immediately sang " How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You. I smiled, laughed and moved to the beat of Sweet Love and Devotion. I am sure that everyone thinks that they have the most wonderful kids in the world- but I know that I do. So on this Mother's Day and Everyday- How Sweet It Is..... You saved the best for last! Who knows this might even be a wonderful wedding song.

No comments: