Sunday, May 4, 2008

After Marriage

When you are planning a wedding and thinking about the future, children are generally part of the discussion. Sometimes, I think BK (before kids) and now I cann't think of any decision that does not involve my kids, including sharing many of my party planning ideas with them. So as I am writing this, I am thinking --Children are the most precious gift ever, or most times. Tonight my fifth grader is balking at his sister the eighth grader. It seems that their new thing is to start and finish their day with some kind of debate about anything. My solution: maybe they both need to go to bed earlier. I am not sure if it's the weather, or the past six months, but they both are like two grumpies rather than goofies. All things considered they have been wonderful so I guess it's ok for them to be grumpy/goofy. Now just when I thought, that I have some mommy time-out time--Oh no here comes my fourteen year old. One child always would go to bed without a fight and the other would go to bed like clock work. Oh what a night! school will be out soon, it's wedding season, and party time, graduations, proms, etc. Pretty soon, they will be fighting over which one is giving the best opinion for my next design or next event. Gotta Love them. They are precious and much too cute!

No comments: