Monday, May 5, 2008

Wedding Colors

I was looking through a wedding book as I often do and ran across this rhyme about wedding dresses of different colors. Married in white, you have chosen right. Married in green, ashamed to be seen. Married in red, you will wish yourself dead. Married in blue, you will always be true. Married in yellow, ashamed of your fellow. Married in black, you will wish yourself back. Married in pink, your spirits will sink. I married in silver and white- guess they didn't have a word to rhyme with that. What word rhymes with silver anyway??? This rhyme brings me to the thought.... How do you think people come up with the colors for their wedding or event? I remember doing one wedding that the bride's favorite color was green, now this was before Going Green became popular. Initially, I thought GREEN! Each time that I said ALL GREEN, she would respond, but yes that's my favorite color. After talking with her for a while I was able to get her to add some other colors- because I feared her pictures would not look great and years later, she would not appreciate the color choice or me as much for letting her pick only one shade of green. When all the green came together with her other colors, it was really a very pretty wedding. As I think back, I was probably just a pain in the u -know what - when I got married- I wanted everything Purple and Silver. One of my girlfriends later confessed that I was such a pain, because I was only seeing PURPLE. I don't know if purple was my favorite color, but at that time it seemed like such a royal color. It's just something about the Color Purple. Now, how did you actually pick your colors for your wedding or event? Did you have a favorite color or did you use the rhyme?
Tip: Need help finding the right color - Ask Sherwin Williams- Go to a hardware store and pick up some paint swatches. All of the shades are right there on one little card.

No comments: