Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sometimes I Shop!

I love craft stores, shoe stores, clothing stores, furniture stores, flea markets, and all kinds of stores. Yes, you can say that I love to shop or sometimes just browse the asiles of a store. Many times, but not often I don't buy a thing. Sometimes I am just gathering ideas or gathering my thoughts. Now you never know where you are going to get some inspiration! Last week, I was walking around Michael's Craft Store ( really, really love craft stores) and I picked up these wonderful idea cards. Of course, they were Martha Stewart: Crafts. Now if you are short on time, or you don't find it therapeutic as I do, then maybe Idea Cards might not be your thing. If an effort to go green in my house and not pick up too many papers or have too much clutter. I only picked up two of the Idea Cards. One was kid's party ideas and the other mix+match wedding themes. The kids party ideas mainly included crafting paper, food tissue paper, stamps and a craft knife- which if you are doing this as part of the activity for a children's party would need close supervision. Can you see it, a bunch of 10 or 11 year old boys using a craft knife like the joy stick on the Wii. Thoughts only a mother would have. Whew! now that I had that thought,I also thought that the cookie envelope was really cute and simple. This could be used as a craft and/or a favor to end a birthday or any children's party celebration. The paper cone shaped hats were also on this particular Idea Card. Just paper rolled into the shape of an ice cream cone with a few embellisments. Now of course my tween and teen would not be caught dead in a cone shaped hat, but would be more than happy to make and decorate them. The wedding themes caught my eye because I am working with a couple who will be celebrating twenty-five years of martial bliss and the silver and white Print It Yourself invitations seemed really pretty and classy. So there's my inspiration- I am thinking of throwing an end of the year party for my kids, and also have a new budget friendly idea to present to the anniversary couple. You see you never know where you are going to get alittle inspiration.
If you are a DIY take a look at http://www.michaels.com/ or www. marthastewartcrafts.com.

No comments: